One of my most favourite places in Granada just up from the Realejo and a little down from the Alhambra is the glorious and yet wonderfully understated Carmen de los Martires.
Here’s how I enjoy going there. Maybe you will too.
- Smell the citrus in the air
- Take a bottle of water
- Listen to the running water & the crickets
- Sit in the cool shade
- Walk to the top
- Enjoy the 40deg heat
- Like having your own private, large and quite stunning garden
- Enjoy the fabulous views
- Be bemused by the ‘urban’ peacocks
- Enjoy the solitude
- Take better photos than I did on my phone
- Then, just be…